Tuesday, September 10, 2019

"Examine Yourselves" (Sermon Preached 9-8-19 - Video and Notes)


Examine Yourselves

Galatians 4:19
19 My children, with whom I am again in labor until Christ is formed in you—
Ephesians 4:11-16
Colossians 1:28; 2:6-7,10; 3:1-4; 12-17
Hebrews 10:24, 25

Taking your own spiritual temperature (Examine Yourself 2 Cor. 13:5)
  1. Am I spending time with Christ daily? (not just punching a clock)
    1. Pray without ceasing (1 Thess. 5:17)
    2. Am I fully surrendered to His will for my life?
  2. Am I in His word daily? (not just punching a clock!)
    1. Is His word getting in me? (Richly dwelling in me - Col 3:17)
    2. Is it changing my life?
    3. Do I see a difference in my attitudes, my relationships as a result?
  3. Am I “overflowing with gratitude?” (Col 2:7)
  4. Does the peace of Christ rule in my heart? (Col 3:15)
    1. When I come into a room, do I bring peace or strife and contention into that room?
    2. Do I cast my anxieties on Him or do I hold them to myself? (1 Peter 5:7)
    3. Do I experience more inner peace and rest for longer periods of time than I did a year ago? 5 years ago?
  5. Am I rooted in Him? (Col. 2:7)
    1. Am I less able to be “blown away” by circumstances and events around me?
  6. Do I have a heart of compassion for others, especially those who I find difficult? (Col:2:12-13)
    1. Am I holding a grudge against anyone? Is there any unforgiveness in my heart?
    2. If I have found unforgiveness in my heart, have I taken it to the Father and asked Him to cleanse it out of me?
  7. Am I “not forsaking the assembly of the saints”? (Hebrews 10:24, 25)
    1. Am I “stimulating others to good works?” Am I encouraging others in the body of Christ?
    2. If I am not able to attend the assembly as I should, am I willing to lay down things in my life that interfere (including if necessary, even my job)? Am I that “sold out?”
  8. Am I giving financially in proportion to how the Lord has prospered me? (2 Cor. 9:6-8)
  9. Am I praying for my pastors and all those in spiritual leadership? Hebrews 13:17
  10. Am I willing to receive spiritual giftings from the Lord if He were to choose to give them to me, not for my own sake, but for the sake of the building up of the body? (Eph. 4:11,12)
    1. Am I willing to be taken completely out of my comfort zone for the sake of Christ?

Summary - Am I a net deposit or a net withdrawal to the body of Christ? Is the body built up by my being a part or is it being hindered because of my lack of participation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check Out My New Facebook Page - Flyover Country!